08 Nov Recipe of the Week: Turmeric, Banana, Mango Smoothie
We’ve touched on the topic of what a powerfully curative spice turmeric is. Adding it to your daily diet can help prevent many illnesses, cancer included. While we traditionally think of using turmeric in savory dishes, this recipe allows you to use it in a delicious and refreshing smoothie. This smoothie is a highly nutritious quick breakfast option that will allow your day to start off with a healthy bang!
- 1 medium banana, cut into chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup mango cubes (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup low fat milk (can use almond or coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon oat bran
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ice cubes
- for extra protein you may add in ½ cup of yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and serve.